» How to Set up a New Instance of Symfony
- DNS -Domain Name System
- Set up DNS to recognize “finder”(this is whatever name you want your domain to be) as a domain name.
- Point your host to your local machine.
- where to find the host file: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Set-up Apache to handle the host
- Edit the “httpd.conf” file and add the virtual host.
- Restart Apache.
- Create a Database
- Create a database using whatever tool you are comfortable with; I use phpMyAdmin
- Create a user to access your database.
- Grant permission rights to the user so that they can access the database.
- Set up Symfony
- Download symfony from the symfony website; http://www.symfony-project.org/
- Edit the “databases.yml” file that comes with the download (found in: /config/databases.yml) with the dsn, username, and password details for your domain.